August brings over 250 ruby-throated hummingbirds a day to the Woodlands Nature Station, and the Friends of Land Between the Lakes invite you to come witness this natural spectacle for yourself during Hummingbird Month.
Come by any day in August and watch these busy birds have a feeding frenzy in our backyard gardens. Also, enjoy artwork by local artists and photographers, check out informative hummingbird displays and programming, take part in our photo contest, or attend our 24th Annual Hummingbird Festival.
Woodlands Nature Station is inside Land Between the Lakes National Recreation Area, 3146 Silver Trail Road in Cadiz. Admission is $5 for ages 13 and up; $3 for ages 5 - 12; and free for ages 4 and under.
• Month of August - Nature Station Hummingbird Photo Contest
• Aug. 2, 6-8 p.m. - Dinner with the Hummingbirds (reservation required, 270.924.2020)
• Aug. 3-4 - The 24th Annual Hummingbird Festival: The Great Hummingbird Migration. Admission is $7 for ages 13 and up; $5 for ages 5 - 12 and free for ages 4 and under.
• Tuesdays and Thursdays, 10 a.m. - Morning with the Hummingbirds
• Wednesdays, 11:30 a.m. - Hummingbirds of the World
• Aug. 10, 6-8 p.m. - Dinner with the Hummingbirds (reservation required, 270.924.2020)
• Aug. 17, 9:30 a.m. - Hummingbird Photography Workshop (reservation required, 270.924.2020)
• Aug. 18, 2 p.m.- Knee High Naturalists: Hummingbirds
• Aug. 24, 9 a.m. - Hummingbird Cafe (reservation required, 270.924.2020)
Fourth grade students can go to https://everykidinapark.gov/, get their free Every Kid in a Park pass, and get their family in for free. For more information, call the Nature Station at 270.924.2299.