• The Voice For The Animals Trigg County Animal Shelter is in need of donations. Those interested may donate cash, towels, food, blankets, etc. To make a donation, contact Ramona Hamilton at 270-522-9548. Checks may be made to Voice for the Animals/Trigg Co. Animal Shelter, Attn: Ramona Hamilton, 4146 Canton Road, Cadiz, KY 42211.
• The Trigg County Senior Center offers: Lunch daily from 11:30 a.m. to noon: First and Third Tuesday; dancing from 6:30-8:30 p.m.; Wednesdays Bible Study 9:30 a.m.; Thursdays blood pressure checks at 10 a.m. The exercise room is open daily from 8-4 p.m. The center offers a walking program designed for healthy living, "Walking with Ease." For a complete listing of calendar events, call the center at 270-522-8341. The Trigg County Senior Center is located on Joy Drive in Cadiz. If interested in lunch, please call the center for daily menu and to let them know you plan to attend.
• Helping Hands Bargain Barn & Clothes Closet is open Tuesday's and Thursday's and first and third Saturday's from 10 a.m. -1 p.m.; The Bargain Barn is located at 84 Jefferson St. in Cadiz. Donations are welcome and all proceeds stay in Trigg County. For more information, call Kathy at 256-655-2142.
• Trigg County Adult Education is open Tuesday and Thursday, from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. at 219 Main Street, Cadiz. Call 270-522-2212 to work on your GED, TABE for employment, or KPA.
• Trigg County Conservation District 2019 Scholarship Application is available in the High School Guidance Office and the Trigg County Conservation District Office located at 193 Commerce Street, Cadiz. For more information, call the Conservation District Office at 270-522-3304. Application deadline is May 1, 2019.
• Tax Season is here. Volunteers from RSVP will start doing taxes on January 28. They will be at the John L. Street Library from 9 a.m. -2 p.m. every Tuesday and Thursday in the basement of the library. Call today for an appointment. 270-522-6301.
• Trigg County LEPC will meet at 10 a.m. Friday, March 1, 2019.
• Detachment 1150 Marine Corp League will have its annual pancake breakfast fundraiser beginning at 6:30 a.m. Saturday, March 2, 2019 at the VFW Post 7890, located at 37 Lafayette Street. All proceeds go to the scholarship fund.
• The next American Red Cross Blood Mobile is scheduled for Tuesday March 5, 2019 at St. Stephen Catholic Church from 11 a.m. - 5 p.m. Blood donors are accepted as walk-ins or by appointment. If you require an appointment, please call 1-800-red-cross.
• A game night fundraiser for Senior Center Hosted by Trigg Leadership will be held at 4 p.m. March 23, 2019 at the senior center, located at 127 Joey Drive in Cadiz. The event will feature: Bingo- by donation; Pool Tournament -$50 per team; Cornhole Tournament- $25 per team; food will also be available. All proceeds will go to support the Trigg County Senior Center.
• A Free Health Clinic for any child or adult living in Trigg County will be held from 9 a.m. -4 p.m. June 9 & 10, 2019 at the Trigg County Primary School. Call ahead to schedule an appointment through the Lighthouse Family Resource Center @ (270) 522-2724. SCREENINGS: Health & sports physicals, vision & hearing screenings, cholesterol & glucose testing. (Health & sports physicals meet school requirements. Vision screenings for in-coming kindergarteners must be performed by an optometrist.)
Children under 18 must be accompanied by their parent or guardian. There are a limited number of appointments available.
• The Relay for Life Survivors Dinner will be held at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, May 7, 2019 at the Cadiz Baptist Church Annex. The event will be hosted by the Bank of Cadiz.
Calendar Items must be submitted Friday before desired publication dates.